Tuesday 22 April 2014

I'M BACK RUNNING!

Yep, you're reading that right - I got to run today! Eeeeeeeee! :)

I'd planned on getting up early and being in the gym when it opened, but remembered juuuust in time that my gym closes for bank holidays... so I headed back to my apartment after spending the day studying in college, got changed, and hit the footpath around 6pm for three glorious kilometres.


My Garmin was out of batteries so I had to rely on the MapMyRun app, which was actually lovely as I kept my eyes away from my distance and could focus on how the run felt (which was great, by the way!) The first 3km of that is my run, the rest is a cool-down walk back to my apartment. I figured I'd better keep it gentle for my first day, but I felt like I could've gone much longer - although that's probably because I kept it soooo slow! That average pace is being knocked about by the walk at the end, I finished running in around 22:30, but it's still reeeeeally slow. Oh well, no point in pushing too hard at the very beginning. 


This is me just before I headed out - do I look excited?! I was so excited!

Apart from that, today was made up of lots of studying, a few sneaky "tea-break" trips to Insomnia with my boyfriend...


...and a Subway for lunch. 






I know Subway isn't the absolute healthiest thing to eat, but it's better than a lot of other options, especially if you know what to pick! I always get a Turkey Breast 6-inch on 9-grain wheat bread with lettuce and cucumber, it tastes great and is filling without being calorie-heavy. I know there are some flaws (heavily processed meat, iceberg lettuce) with Subway but it's still overall a fairly decent choice.

(By the way, I found out today how Subway do their calorie counters. They're based off getting your sub on Italian, 9-grain wheat or flatbread, with lettuce, cucumber, red onion and peppers for salad. Just in case anyone was curious!) 

Anyway! Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym in the evening, so I'd better get some sleep.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment