Sunday 6 July 2014

Holland & Barrett goodies!

This morning after the Clontarf 5 Mile - amazing race! recap is coming up soon - I dropped into Holland & Barrett to find some new goodies. I think this is the most I ever bought in a H&B trip... must have been the post-race hunger telling me I needed all of it! But I'm really excited about everything I got, so why not share?


Vita Coco coconut waters in Acai & Pomegranate and Pineapple

Coconut water is a great post-run drink because it's so high in electrolytes. I hate the plain kind, but tried the orange flavoured one a little while ago and liked it a lot, so I thought I'd pick up a couple of new flavours to try. If you're concerned about the flavours adding artificial crap to these, don't worry - the flavour just comes from pure, natural juice, with nothing funny in there.






Zero High5 Electrolyte & Magnesium Sports Tabs

My absolute favourite purchase of the day - I was so excited to find these! You might know I've been trying to find a good way to get my electrolytes back after long, hot summer runs. I wanted something calorie free, just because I'd be drinking it after a run with my post-run snack, and I wanted something with all five essential electrolytes. These tabs look perfect! You put one or two tabs in 750ml of water, wait for them to dissolve and off you go - they're citrus flavoured. I haven't tried them yet but I am soooo excited about these!



Peanut Protein Blast Ball and Maxi Recover & Rebuild bars

You guys know I love these peanut protein balls for my post-gym protein. So yummy and filling and the best part, all natural! So I picked up another one. I also decided to try out these bars - I do sometimes eat Maxi protein bars because they can be easier to find, and they always taste so nice, like a treat almost. I've never had these flavour but all their others that I've tried have been great so I thought buying two was worth the risk! I know these have some odd chemicals and things in them, but they make me feel so good that I don't mind that little bit of artificial sweetener and funny sugars. 


Nakd bars

I love Nakd bars! I decided to get a bunch of different flavours and try them out as my afternoon snacks at work this week - I've been looking for something more natural for my snacks but it's just so hard to find properly healthy snack bars in Ireland that aren't super expensive. I've juuuust discovered that Tesco sell boxes of Nakd bars though, so I'll definitely be picking those up in future! For now though I just got five different flavours.

 
That's everything, and I'm sooooo excited about it!

What's the most exciting food you bought recently? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment